Sunseeker International is now seeking an Interior Design Draughtsperson to join the award winning design team, based in Poole, Dorset.
MAIN AIM/PURPOSE OF JOB
To assist in the design and development of projects new and existing, producing 3D models and drawings for the production and manufacture of interior furniture.
1. Taking information from initial concept interior models or a written brief to produce production drawings for various components and sub assemblies for both new and existing projects. This will be done primarily using Siemens NX 3-D design software but also referring to Autocad 2-D information as required, under the direction of the Interior CAD/CAM Coordinator.
2. Add parts to our standard component library within Team Centre
3. Ensure that all work is carried out within design office procedures and protocols and in line with production requirements
4. To ensure new product parts are designed, and (working in liaison with the purchasing and planning depts.) numbered and ordered as required to enable the completion of the final project.
5. To be able to communicate all design information clearly to others involved in the design and production of the project
6. To continually ensure the bill of materials (BOM) is populated with the correct design related parts information both in S-Drive and in SAP.
7. To be able to work within pre-determined drawing office structure and protocol, as in CAD standards, data management etc.
8. Once competent, to assist in the mentoring of new members of the team in the use of Siemens NX
9. To assist other departments within the Design Office as and when required
10. To be able to work on projects as part of a small and focused team as well as issuing design information to tight deadlines with minimum supervision where required.
11. To produce drawings that are suitable for production, classification societies and formatted in such a way that they are suitable for owner’s manuals
12. To continually strive to develop personal skill and knowledge in all aspects of marine design, to enable future advancement in both personal ability and future, larger products.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE (Level of Decision Making and Problem Solving)
This role will involve resolving various design problems and issuing information in the form of drawings and other data to the relevant department (i.e. production, development). The role will require constant forward thinking and re-assessment of existing design to ensure our product advances ahead of the competition. The role requires the ability to make decisions and solve problems on a daily basis, and this ability will be actively encouraged, assisted and developed with the help of continued assessment and guidance. The role of Interior Design Draughtsperson is one that will be expected to develop in step with technology and current company practice to ensure product advancement
To be considered for this role, applicants need to prove ability with 3-D and 2D CAD design software. Any experience in the marine design sector would be an advantage.
In return, Sunseeker provides the opportunity to develop a career with a truly outstanding brand, plus a competitive salary, pension contributions, 22 days holiday, free parking, life cover, modern working environment, career growth opportunities, a commitment to your professional development and, after 4 years service, an extra three days holiday, plus access to private dental and medial cover.