Sunseeker is now seeking an IT professional to join the team. The IT Infrastructure Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the IT infrastructure, which underpins the enterprise application portfolio.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will schedule and direct activities to resolve infrastructure hardware and software related problems in a timely and accurate fashion, working with third party support organisations when required.
Monitor & Control
- Design and implement short and long term plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future business requirements.
- Review and analyse existing infrastructure effectiveness, and determining opportunities to improve system performance, availability and reliability in collaboration with the IT Infrastructure Manager
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration.
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the IT Infrastructure Manager
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing infrastructure performance and providing infrastructure performance statistics and reports.
- Establish best practices and policies for installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Maintain an awareness of external trends in appropriate technologies and vendors.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the Sunseeker’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to infrastructure, in order to minimise impact on infrastructure availability and performance in the event of the IT Infrastructure Engineer not being available
- Participate in the definition of infrastructure hardware and software standards, in conjunction with system owners and business stakeholders.
- Test infrastructure performance and provide performance statistics and reports for presentation to the executive management team, encompassed in the monthly board report.
- Plan infrastructure upgrades and enhancements, minimising downtime and impact to the business at all times.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key customer groups in order to assess infrastructure suitability and performance. Use this knowledge to build enhancement plans and infrastructure roadmaps
- Participate, as appropriate, in cross-functional incident and/or problem management initiatives to ensure continuity of service provision
- Raise required purchase requisitions and obtain correct approvals to procure infrastructure related software and hardware.
- Maintain software and hardware asset register
- Effectively identify and communicate risks during course of projects
- Regularly report on progress of infrastructure improvement initiatives
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies and publish articles in the monthly Cascade and quarterly Team News
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users
- Build strong relationships with third party partners, monitoring performance against SLAs
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
To be considered for this role, you should have:
Computer Science / IT Management degree.
Industry experience in relation to infrastructure architecture, design, implementation and support
Relevant technical certifications, e.g. MCSE, VCP, CCA
Foundation ITIL Certification
And experience of:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and later
Management of Active Directory and Group Policy, including WSUS, IIS, SSL
Designing, implementing and supporting VMware
SAN deployment, administration and support
Managing Local Area and Wide Area networks (Cisco)
Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and 3 routing, QOS, VPN, and VOIP
Strong understanding of backup technologies and IT Disaster Recovery processes
Experience in Application Deployment via GPO or SCCM
Designing, implementing and supporting Firewall security
Administration and support of McAfee EPolicy Orchestrator (EPO).
Thin client technologies, including Citrix and Wyse
Mobile device management, support and security
A working knowledge and understanding of email technologies, including POP/IMAP/SMTP/MAPI
Strong understanding of Service Desk tools, incident management, problem management and change management procedures
Lotus Domino Notes administration and support (desirable)
Administration and support of Microsoft SQL Server (desirable)
Apple Technologies (desirable)